Knowing What Spine Surgery Is and its Different Types
There are times in our lives when we experienced certain degree of back ache. There are some who suffer from menial pain while others from excruciating pain. Actually, these pain are caused by certain elements. There are some individuals out there who felt these pain also in their necks, legs as well as their lower back. No matter what factors it caused, back pain brings tremendous discomfort and inconvenience to us. Are you among these individuals? If your answer is yes, then it is time for you to consider spinal column surgery. Should spine surgery caught your interest and you want to learn more about it, then be sure to continue reading this article.
Though, you can find many chemical-based medicines as well as options in treating pain, these are only temporary. Should you want permanent treatment for your back pain, then you can opt for spine surgery.
What Spine Surgery Is?
As the name implies, it is one kind of surgery that is performed by spine surgeon on the spinal column of the patients to resolve spine-related ailments and diseases like back pain. These days, there are different types of spine surgery carried out by spine surgeons and some of them are discussed below.
Unveiling the Diverse Types of Spine Surgery
1. One kind of spine surgery is discectomy. Actually, this is one of the spinal surgical procedure done by spine surgeon to remove the spinal disc that rests in between every vertebrae. The prime reason why patients undergo discectomy is herniated disc. It is carriedout to relieve the pressure on the spinal nerve.
2. Should you constantly felt headache, neck pain or arm pain, then the spine surgical procedure appropriate for you is foramenotomy. In here, the spine surgeon remove a small part of the spine bone that causes pain and nerve compression.
3. Laminectomy is another spinal surgery that is carried out to take out a portion of the patient’s vertebral bone. This is performed to treat spine disorders like spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis.
4. Spine fusion is another type of spinal column surgical procedure. In this specific kind of procedure, spine surgeons like the vertebrae and the spine to eliminate the motion of the adjacent vertebra. It is another way of treating spondylolisthesis.
5. Disc replacement is another spine surgery carried out to treat certain kinds of back pain.
Before deciding to undergo any of these surgical procedure, be sure to hire only experienced, licensed, dependable and legit spine surgeon.